Samsung Galaxy J7 Crown tutorial part one covers first time setup, basic settings and connections settings such as Wi-Fi and Bluetooth.
Samsung Galaxy J7 Crown is one of the affordable phones TracFone sells. For some of us, Android or Samsung is a familiar platform already. But others may feel different. For a first user, there’s a chance someone would get confused.
Don’t worry. Here, Samsung Galaxy J7 Crown tutorial will explain thoroughly how to use your phone in the right manner. From turning on/off to connecting to WiFi, we cover all the basic settings needed.
How do I turn ON / OFF the Samsung Galaxy J7 Crown?
Follow these steps below on how to turn on / off the Samsung Galaxy J7 Crown:
- Turning your phone ON. To turn on your phone, what you need to do is pressing the Power button located on the right side of the phone. Press and hold for a while until the screen lights up.
- Turning your phone OFF. To turn off the phone, press the same power key and hold it until the options menu shows up.
- Select the “Turn off” option. Tap the option saying “Turn off”.
- Confirm the selection. Tap “Turn off” once again to confirm your choice. Wait for a while then your phone will be totally turned off.
In order to start working with your phone, you need to know how this very first step.
Turning on is easy and straightforward. But when turning off, there are also several options (eg. turn off or restart). You need to confirm your choice before turning off. But overall, this is the easiest task on Galaxy J7 Crown.
How do I set up the Samsung Galaxy J7 Crown?
Here’s the explanation on how to set up the Samsung Galaxy J7 Crown:
- Turn on your phone. Press and hold the Power button until the screen lights up.
- Follow the prompt. Read the instruction displayed on the display.
- Fill the information. You will be asked to choose an option (such as language), or fill in some information (Name, email). Tap the desired choice of options prompt, or fill the column available with the keyboard.
- Skip a prompt. If you decide to fill the information later, you can tap the skip button and continue to the next step.
As a first time user, you’ll have to go through the setup process involving basic settings such as language and name.
There will be a setup wizard guiding you. All you need to do is follow the prompt or the tutorial above. When you perform Factory Reset, this first-time setup will appear again.
How do I display balance on Samsung Galaxy J7 Crown?
These are the steps you need to take on how to display balance on Samsung Galaxy J7 Crown:
- Go to the home screen. If you start from somewhere else, for example, another screen, go back first to the home screen. You can do it by pressing the Home button.
- Open My Account Downloader. On the home screen, you will see an icon labeled as “My Account Downloader”. Tap on it.
- Install TracFone My Account App. The phone will download and install TracFone My Account app. Make sure you have a proper internet connection so the download process will run smoothly.
- Install the widget. Once installed, open the app. You can see your balance here. But that’s not all. You have to install the widget in order to display your balance on the home screen. From home screen, press and hold any empty area. The “Widgets” menu will appear at the bottom of the screen. Tap on it, and search for My Account widget. Tap the widget and position it on an empty space at your home screen.
Often people check their TracFone balance by text or accessing the app. But on Android phones such as this Galaxy J7 Crown, you can see it at a glance using a widget. Widget constantly updates the data so you always get accurate information about your balance.
How do I take a screenshot on Samsung Galaxy J7 Crown?
Read the steps below to learn how to take a screenshot on Samsung Galaxy J7 Crown:
- Press and hold the Home button and the Power key. You have to press those two buttons together. It won’t work even if there’s a split second difference when pressing both. There will be a shutter sound when you successfully take a screenshot. A notification will also appear on the status bar.
- View the result. To check your screenshot, pull down the status bar and tap on the screenshot notification. You can also go to the Gallery app and view your screenshot.
Taking a screenshot is one of the basic tasks you must know, yet many people find it tricky.
After following the steps above, sometimes you won’t succeed on the first try. Many people experience this so it’s quite normal. Just keep practicing until you get the hang of it.
How do I adjust display settings on Samsung Galaxy J7 Crown?
The guide below describes how to adjust display settings on Samsung Galaxy J7 Crown:
- Tap the “Apps” icon. This action will take you to the app list.
- Find the “Settings” app. Browse through the apps to find “Settings”. Then, tap on it.
- Scroll to view more options. Scroll down to browse through the settings menu available.
- Tap on “Display”. Find the “Display” option, then tap on it.
- Adjust the brightness. Tap “Brightness” and slide the brightness bar to the left (to decrease it), or to the right (to increase the brightness).
- Select “Sleep” or “Timeout”. Sleep and timeout configure how many seconds of inactivity before your display is turned off. Select this option if you want to adjust it.
- Tap the backlight time you want. Select the preferred backlight time by tapping on it.
Display on a phone can be adjusted accordingly so it behaves the way you want it to be.
Galaxy J7 Crown has the ability to adjust brightness automatically, but sometimes this feature is slow to react to the lighting change and you have to set it manually.
How do I change ringtones on Samsung Galaxy J7 Crown?
Follow the tutorial below about how to change ringtones on Samsung Galaxy J7 Crown:
- Slide up to the app list. This is how you open the app drawer on Galaxy J7 Crown.
- Find “Settings” and tap it. Settings up provide all the configuration on the phone.
- Pick “Sounds and vibration”. Scroll among the options and then tap here on “Sounds and vibration.”
- Choose “Ringtone” or “Notification sounds”. Ringtone is the sound for incoming calls. For messages and other apps, choose “Notification Sounds”.
- Pick a ringtone you like. You will see a list of audio tones. Tap on each tone to preview the sound. Keep a sound selected if it’s what you like.
- Press back to save. There isn’t any save button. When you press back, the phone automatically saves your selection.
From the factory, Samsung phones come with default ringtone. Most Samsung phones have the same default tone, it’s possible you mistake an incoming call from another phone as yours.
You can change your ringtone into a different and more unique sound. Fortunately, Samsung Galaxy J7 Crown offers many other sounds at its ringtone library.
How do I change the wallpaper on my Samsung Galaxy J7 Crown?
These steps below explain how to change the wallpaper on Samsung Galaxy J7 Crown:
- Go to the app drawer. Slide up the home screen to open the app drawer.
- Go to the “Settings” app. Find “Settings” and open it.
- Tap “Wallpaper and themes”. This menu is where the customization for wallpapers is located. If you’re asked to allow app access to media storage, tap “Allow”.
- Go to “My Wallpapers”. Tap “My Wallpaper” the tap “View All”.
- Pick the desired wallpaper. You will see a list of wallpaper images. Take your time here to pick what you like.
- Set the wallpaper. Tap on the desired image, then tap “Set as wallpaper”.
- Return to the main screen. You can return to the main screen by tapping the home button.
Changing wallpaper adds a personal touch to your phone. It makes your phone feels really like yours.
Samsung provides a range of colorful wallpaper in their wallpaper gallery. You can pick among the selection or you can use your own photo.
How do I set time and date on the Samsung Galaxy J7 Crown?
Follow the guide below on how to set time and date on the Samsung Galaxy J7 Crown:
- Slide up the screen. Open the app drawer by swiping up the home screen.
- Tap the “Settings” icon. Locate the “Settings” app and open it.
- Find and tap “General management”. Once opened, find “General Management” among the options list, then enter this submenu by tapping.
- Pick “Date and time.” Tap here to start configuring the date or time.
- Adjust “Time and Date” manually. Before finally setting up the time and date, disable the automatic configuration by tapping “Automatic date and time.” Afterward, set date and time as needed.
Usually, your phone automatically sets up Date and Time. But there’s still a chance that your phone might get it wrong, especially if you’re traveling a lot and the automatic setting can’t catch up with the changing time zone. In this case, you need to know how to set up time and date manually.
How do I connect to Bluetooth on Samsung Galaxy J7 Crown?
In the following list, this is how to connect to Bluetooth on Samsung Galaxy J7 Crown:
- Start from the home screen. Slide up the home screen to open the app drawer.
- Locate and tap the “Settings” icon. Find “Settings” and open it.
- Tap “Connections”. Here is the submenu where Bluetooth configuration is located.
- Select Bluetooth. Open it by tapping “Bluetooth”.
- Turn the Bluetooth on. If the Bluetooth is previously turned off, tap on the toggle button to activate it.
- Pick a device or scan it first. You will see a list of devices populating the screen, tap on the one you want to connect to. If the device is unavailable, try tapping “Scan”.
- Pair the device. You will get asked about pairing code if there’s one. Enter the code then tap ok. Wait until the device is connected.
So, that’s how you set up the Bluetooth on Samsung Galaxy J7 Crown. Setting up Bluetooth allows users to connect with other devices wirelessly, such as Bluetooth headphones.
You can also turn on Bluetooth directly from the quick settings. But for pairing, you will still need to do it via “Settings”, as shown on the steps above.
How do I connect to Wi-Fi on Samsung Galaxy J7 Crown?
To start using Wi-Fi, here are the steps on how to connect to Wi-Fi on Samsung Galaxy J7 Crown:
- Go to the app list. Open the app drawer by sliding up the home screen.
- Go to the “Settings” icon. Find “Settings” and tap on it.
- Tap “Connections” then “Wi-Fi”. Among the menu available, “Connections” is where the Wi-Fi setting is available. Once inside, tap “Wi-Fi”.
- Turn on the Wi-Fi.
- Pick the network and connect.
Now, you have successfully connected to a Wi-Fi network. Connecting to Wi-Fi saves your mobile data and often the connection is faster. You can also connect to Wi-Fi by simply tapping the Wi-Fi icon on the quick settings menu.
Congratulations, you have completed the first part of Samsung Galaxy J7 Crown tutorial. You have learned how to do the basic settings such as using the Bluetooth or Wi-Fi.
When you feel you’re ready, or if you haven’t found the tutorial you’re looking for, you can head to the second part of the tutorial on the link here.
If there’s anything unclear about the tutorial above, shoot us a question on the comment section below. We’ll gladly help you and clear up the confusion. Also, don’t forget to share this tutorial with your Galaxy J7 Crown owners’ friends.